Do you want to share your mouth-watering recipes with the world? If you answered yes, you’re probably thinking about starting a food blog. The best platform for starting any type of website, food blog included, is WordPress. There are numerous reasons why WordPress is the best website platform but the most important one is that it’s easy to use.
On top of that, there are thousands of WordPress plugins that you can use to add all kinds of features to your website, such as displaying recipes in a print-friendly format. Another reason why WordPress is the best choice for a website is that there are thousands of food blog themes that make it easy to get your blog up and running as quickly as possible.
- 1 Where to Find Premium Food Blog WordPress Themes
- 2 What to Look For In A Food Blog Theme
- 3 3 WordPress Food Blog and Recipes Themes: Our Top Picks
- 4 Which Food Blog WordPress Theme Is Right For You
- 5 Explore More WordPress Themes
- 6 Launch a Mouth-Watering Food Blog With WordPress and Food Blog Themes
Where to Find Premium Food Blog WordPress Themes
If you’re looking for the best premium food blog themes for WordPress, stop by Envato Elements first. Envato Elements is a subscription-based marketplace that gives you access to thousands of creative design assets and templates for a low, monthly fee. This includes:
- Professional WordPress themes
- Presentation templates
- Stock photos, fonts, and more.
Prefer buying individual WordPress themes instead? Then you’ll want to check out ThemeForest. Hutan Tema is part of Envato Market, a suite of marketplaces that cater to various creative needs. Each marketplace has different design assets that you can use for all your projects.
Both Envato Elements and Envato Market have food blog WordPress themes with professional features such as:
- Plenty of customization options to make the theme match your brand perfectly
- Premade templates and demo sites that you can import with a single click and speed up the design process
- The ability to display recipes and built-in sharing options so you can get more traffic
Another benefit of using a premium food blog WordPress theme is that your food blog will stand out thanks to its unique and professional design that can’t be found in free WordPress blog themes.
What to Look For In A Food Blog Theme
If you’re looking for a food blog theme, you’ve probably realized that there are hundreds of themes available. How do you know what theme to choose? Here are a few must-have features every food blog theme should have:
- Responsive design so your visitors using mobile devices can easily view, read, and interact with your content
- The ability to display recipes in a print-friendly format
- Fast loading times to improve user experience and boost your SEO
- Customization options so you can style the website exactly the way you want
3 WordPress Food Blog and Recipes Themes: Our Top Picks
If you want to build a digital home for your food magazine, blog, or recipe collection, start by checking out these WordPress themes:
- ✅ Plenty of demos and design options to choose from
- ✅ Extensive customization options
- ✅ Variety of ways to display your recipes
- ✅ Detailed documentation
- ✅ Easy to use
The first theme we’re going to talk about is the TinySalt theme. This theme has been sold numerous times on ThemeForest and was developed by an Elite Author. The theme offers 12+ homepage demos, 32+ blog variations, and more than 300 customization options. It’s safe to say that this theme is indeed feature-rich.
One of the most notable features of the TinySalt theme is that it’s a great choice whether you’re a new blogger or a seasoned one with hundreds of recipes. The theme has plenty of options to present your content in a beautiful and organized way. It has diverse, rich, and modern recipe styles and it comes with easy to use customization options that you can access through the Live Customizer.
Key features include:
- Compatibility with popular WordPress plugins such as WooCommerce, Contact Form 7, Mailchimp for WordPress, and others
- Built-in integration with Mailchimp
- Includes all the necessary recipe meta information
- Easily add reviews, ratings, and share buttons to recipes
- Include videos or photos with your recipes
- Instant Ajax Search & Filter for Recipe Index page
- Optimized with Google Rich Snippets to improve your SEO
Ease Of Use
The TinySalt theme is loaded with options but that doesn’t make it hard to use. On the contrary, the entire theme installation and set up process is easy and straightforward. Once you install and activate the theme, you’ll need to install the required plugins.
After that, you can import a demo with a single click. All the demos are clearly marked in the dashboard so you can get a sense of different styles and variations.
Since the theme uses the Live Customizer, all the settings options are easy to find and use. It’s also worth mentioning that the theme uses the Gutenberg editor so it’s easy to create pages and posts using the built-in WordPress blocks.
In addition to that, the theme comes with WP Recipe Maker plugin pre-installed which means you can create or even import your recipes with ease.
Pros And Cons
The TinySalt theme is full of pros. It’s easy to use, it has a stunning design that really puts your recipes into focus, it’s easy to customize, and comes with plenty of demos ready to be imported with a single click.
- ✅ Mudah digunakan
- ✅ Integration with Elementor
- ✅ Compatible with WooCommerce
- ✅ Modern and stylish design
- ✅ Various theme options and settings are scattered throughout the menu
- 🚫 Doesn’t offer as many demos as other themes on this list
NS Braise theme is a new theme on the ThemeForest marketplace with a stylish design and it’s already gaining in popularity. The theme is more on the minimal side when it comes to design but it still offers plenty of demo variations.
The Braise theme has a stylish and clean recipe presentation. In addition to that, the theme works with Elementor and is compatible with WooCommerce so you can easily sell your recipes and monetize your site.
Key features of the theme include:
- Custom shortcodes so you can easily add more content to your pages
- Extensive customization options to style how your site looks
- Comes with several icon packs to add more visual appeal to your site
- Built-in Instagram widget
- Integrated search
Ease Of Use
The Braise theme is easy to use, although several options are scattered throughout the sidebar menu so it can be a little confusing to locate the correct menu. The installation process is the same as any other WordPress theme and once it’s active, you’ll need to install the required plugins.
After you import the demo, you can customize the theme however you wish. As you can see from the screenshot, it has an extensive theme panel interface where you can customize every aspect of the theme.
In addition to that, the theme integrates with Elementor which means it’s easy to use the drag and drop interface to edit the page layouts. Another benefit of Elementor integration is the fact that you can customize each Elementor widget individually so your customization options are endless.
It’s also worth mentioning that you can edit the recipes directly with Gutenberg so you get a familiar interface to work with.
Pros And Cons
The Braise theme is easy to use and has a modern design which is definitely a big point in its favor. The only downside is that it can be a little confusing to find the correct location to edit particular theme settings and options.
Keep in mind that this theme doesn’t have as many demos as other similar themes but given that it’s a newer theme, it’s to be expected.
- ✅ Versatile and modern layouts
- ✅ Built-in AMP support
- ✅ Integration with WooCommerce and other popular plugins
- ✅ Built-in mega menu
- ✅ Extensive customization options
- 🚫 Can be a little confusing for new WordPress users
- 🚫 Not as many demos for food bloggers as other themes on this list
Lastly, we have the Authentic theme which is a lifestyle blog and magazine theme with plenty of different demos. One of those demos is a stunning food blog demo that will let your recipes shine. In addition to that, the theme comes with a built-in dark mode toggle that you can enable so your visitors can easily switch between light and dark mode.
The Authentic theme is a versatile theme that can be used for any type of website thanks to 50 demos that can be imported with a single click. The theme was also optimized to load fast so that’s another benefit of using it.
Key features include:
- Comes with its own block-based page builder so you can easily edit pages
- Custom Gutenberg blocks
- PowerKit allows you to add extra features to your site without having to install additional plugins such as sharing buttons, popups, and more
- Easily add recipe or restaurant reviews to your site
- Auto-load new posts on scroll for a better user experience
Ease Of Use
The Authentic theme takes a bit of getting used to. For example, while most themes have a straightforward demo import process, the Authentic theme distinguishes between demo content and demo themes. In other words, if you want to import any of the premade demos, you need to make sure you’re importing the right thing. Otherwise, you’ll just import posts and pages with dummy content but not actual premade demos.
However, once you import your chosen demo, the theme is easy to customize and work with. It’s also worth mentioning that if you need to access the settings for any of the modules activated in the PowerKit section, you’ll find them under the Settings menu.
Pros And Cons
All things considered, the Authentic theme has a couple of interesting food demos that present your content in a stylish way. However, the import process can be confusing, especially if you’re a new WordPress user.
Another downside to the Authentic theme is that you’ll need to install a separate recipe plugin as the primary purpose of the theme is not to be a food blog theme.
Which Food Blog WordPress Theme Is Right For You
So now that you’ve seen what each of these food blog themes has to offer, you’re probably wondering which theme is the best choice for your blog.
Choose the TinySalt theme if you want an easy to use theme with extensive customization options that was optimized for SEO.
NS Braise theme is the perfect choice if you prefer a more minimal design but still want a theme that has all the necessary features geared towards a food blog.
Lastly, the Authentic theme is a good choice if you’re an experienced WordPress user that wants a robust theme that offers additional features so you can grow and scale your food blog.
Explore More WordPress Themes
Food blog themes for WordPress are just one type of WordPress themes we have on ThemeForest. If you’re launching a different type of blog or website altogether, be sure to check out the roundups below for more inspiration:
Launch a Mouth-Watering Food Blog With WordPress and Food Blog Themes
Launching a stunning food blog is easy when you have the right tools at your disposal. WordPress will give you a solid foundation to start with. The only thing you’ll need once you’ve installed WordPress is a great food blog theme. Visit Hutan Tema to find the perfect theme for your food blog and start sharing your delicious recipes with the world.